Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Golden Canopy update ~ Super Fan

Great story on validation of my art: Friday night at the artist reception for Art Rapids! a volunteer, after viewing my name tag, remarked he had recently seen and enjoyed my sculpture in the park. Big Smile.
Later, after a small repair to my sculpture, I witnessed a young lady (~10yo) interpret what she saw to her uncle. He was great at encouraging her to do it. We struck a conversation and they both flipped out when they learned I was the artist. He remarked that they get to the enjoy the works but never get to meet the artists. I posed for a picture with the young lady in front of my piece, and they were both so excited. It was a GREAT moment for me!


I saw her the next morning eating breakfast with her family. She whispered to her mom, through a huge smile, that I was 'the artist'. What a boos
t!! Thank you little lady, and your uncle, for making my weekend special.

No comments:

Post a Comment